Wednesday, November 19, 2008

垃圾车条律

Beware of Garbage Trucks By David J. Pollay

How often do you let other people's nonsense change your mood?
Do you let a bad driver, rude waiter, curt boss, or an insensitive colleague ruin your day?
Unless you're a robot, you are bound to blow your top off.
However, the mark of a sucessful person is how quickly he or she can get back his or her focus on what's important.
Sixteen years ago, I learned this lesson.
I learn it in the back of a New York City taxi cab.
Here's what happen.
I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when, all of a sudden, a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car's back end by just inches!
The driver of the other car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling bad words at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was really friendly.
So, I said, 'Why did you do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now called, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck'. Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of fustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. If they happen to dump it on you, don't take it personally. You just smile, wave, wish them well, and moved on. You'll be happier if you did that rather than fight them.
So this was it: 'The Law of the Garbage Truck'.
I started thinking, how often do I let garbage trucks run right over me? And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the street? It was that day I said, 'I'm not going to do it anymore.' I see garbage trucks everywhere and everyday. I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. And like my taxi driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.
Good leaders know they have to be ready for their next meeting. Good parents know they have to welcome their kids home from school with hugs and kisses. Teachers and parents know that they have to be fully present and at their best for the people they care about.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. What about you? What would happen in your life, starting today, if you let more garbage trucks pass you by? Here's my bet. You'll be happier.
So...love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe that every thing happens for a reason. If you get a chance, TAKE IT! If it changes your life, LET IT! Nobody said it would be easy... They just promised it would be WORTH IT Cheers!
"Life is short. Enjoy the journey."

自译:
你是否常常被一些人的无聊举动影响你的情绪?
你会被鲁莽司机, 无礼的招待员, 粗率的老板或同事毁了你的一天吗?
除非你是机械人, 不然你一定会气到爆炸!
但是, 一个成功的人是事发之后可以何时把精神专注在较重要的事情.
十六年前, 我学习了这个道理.
我是向一位德士司机学习过来的.
我搭上一辆德士前往火车站. 当车子在正确的车道上行驶时, 一辆黑色的汽车从路旁突然间弯出来.德士司机迅速煞车, 差点就撞上前面的车子.
那辆差点肇事的司机开始发狂地朝我们谩骂, 德士司机只是微笑的向他挥挥手表示歉意, 我是说他真的很有礼貌.
所以我就问他, "为何你这样做?那个人差点撞坏你的车子, 我们也差点受伤进院呢!"
这个时候德士司机就告诉我所谓的"垃圾车条律".
很多人就好象一辆垃圾车, 载满垃圾, 抱怨, 怒气和失望. 当这些垃圾超满时, 他们就需要卸掉. 如果他们把它卸在你身上时, 你不必太介意. 你只是微微笑, 向他们挥挥手, 祝他们好运, 然后走开.
这样的话, 你肯定会比与他们起挣制来得更快乐!
这就是"垃圾车条律".
我开始在想, 我曾经被"垃圾车"輾过多少次?或曾经把这些垃圾卸在别人的身上: 在公司, 家里或街上? 就在那天, 我对自己说, "我决不再那样做!"我每天都看到这无所不在的垃圾车, 我看到车上的垃圾, 看到垃圾如何被卸掉, 但我不再介意这一切的发生, 我只是微微笑, 挥挥手, 祝他们安好, 然后走开.
好领袖知道他们得为下一个会议做好准备. 好家长知道他们要以吻抱迎接从学校回来的孩子. 老师和家长知道他们肯定要以最佳状况去面对他们关怀的人.
最重要的是, 成功的人不会让"垃圾车"影响他的一天. 那你呢? 从今天开始, 如果你可以让这些垃圾车擦身而过, 会怎样呢?
相信我, 你肯定会更快乐!
所以你要敬爱善待你的人, 而忘掉亏待你的. 你要相信每一件事情的发生都是有理由的. 如果机会来了, 你就要包握; 如果它可以改变你的一生, 那就接受吧.
没有人说这是容易做到的, 只是非常值得去做.
"人生苦短, 好好享受这旅程吧!"


~寄自THC, 谢谢你.

No comments: